It saddens me that my time for reading is starting to dwindle as I do a lot of adulting these days. However, this doesn’t stop me from hoarding (??) books!
Last week, I was really feeling down for some reasons that I decided to drop by in a bookstore and got myself Jennifer Niven’s Holding Up The Universe. Aside from the fact that I love Niven after I’ve read All The Bright Places, the cover is just so aesthetically pleasing to my eyes. Let alone putting it beside Krystal’s Sutherland’s Our Chemical Hearts. Don’t you just love blue? The 3D cover makes the book look more interesting.
I also got What’s A Girl Gotta Do? by Holly Bourne. I picked it up and gave it a shot because the ‘feminism’ word seemed to be shouting at me.
My inner poet has always been dreaming of publishing my own poetry book that I indulge myself reading Lang Leav’s works or Michael Faudet’s. I really think they are the real #relationshipgoals (when it comes to writing, anyway). I have read all their books except Memories so yes, I’m so freaking (!!) darn excited to start this on.
- Holding Up The Universe by Jennifer Niven | from FULLYBOOKED for PHP499.00
- Our Chemical Hearts by Krystal Sutherland | from POWERBOOKS for PHP499.00
- Memories by Lang Leav | from POWERBOOKS for PHP749.00
- What’s A Girl Gotta Do? by Holly Bourne | from NATIONAL BOOKSTORE for PHP399.00
I know I haven’t opened my copies of Moby Dick and To Kill A Mockingbird but National Bookstore is having a #NBSCutPrice2016 from October 14 – 23 and you can get up to 50% discount so I couldn’t help myself but to purchase more books. BECAUSE WHY NOT?
I decided to buy Candy #Feels since its content includes write ups from passionate and aspiring writers rather than the Best-Selling authors. This also gives the real feels vibe because most are like “an open letter” thing. And after my piece got posted on Candy Magazine‘s site, I’m hoping that it’ll be inlcuded in this kind of book. Who knows, maybe someday? A girl can dream, right?
- Candy #Feels – PHP250.00
- Every Exquisite Thing by Matthew Quick – from PHP595.oo, I got it for only PHP476.oo (20% OFF)
- 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson – from PHP359.oo, I got it for only PHP 287.25 (20% OFF)
WHO DOESN’T LOVE DISCOUNTS?!
Have you read any of these books? Maybe you can show me your reviews or just comment down what you think of each?